Thursday, September 9, 2010

Can You See The Money Tree?



So I found this little video called "The Money Tree." I must tell you, I’m quite fond of it.

Author Amy Krouse Rosenthal attached one hundred dollar bills (singles) to a tree on a Chicago city street. The bills had messages stamped on them. Things like "Don't ask, just enjoy!" and "Some things just can't be explained." The most amazing thing was that half of the people just walked right by it! Some stopped looked at it and then kept walking!

After watching the video, it dawned on me that I often am blind to the blessings God has poured out from the heavens on to me. How often do I say I am hungry and cannot see the feast in front of me? Everything I need I have...and then some. Today, I am just going to try and be grateful for what God has given me. For those that know me well, the key word here is “try." Take a second to watch the video. It will make you smile and might even make you take a second look around to see the blessings that are right in front of your very eyes.

--Jack

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is just what people do with God's free gift of salvation -- they walk right by it, ignore it, or look at it and still don't take it. Some may stop and think about taking it but then don't -- and then there are the others who see it, realize it is a free gift, are thankful and take it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts - we love it when you do!

~ Jack & Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...