Monday, January 2, 2012

Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken

One of my resolutions this year is to scale back on purchasing frozen meals like Smart Ones, Healthy Choice, etc. I L-O-V-E the convenience, but I'm growing more concerned about the ingredients included in the dinners - high sodium, lack of fiber, and ingredients that I just can't pronounce. Plus, they can be pretty pricey. So this year I resolve to make more meals at home so that I can save more money and know exactly what I'm putting in my body. I thought I'd share one of the recipes I made over the weekend. This cranberry chicken recipe was E-A-S-Y to make and quite delicious. I divided it into containers along with some brown rice, and it was a cheap and easy meal ready for me to grab and go!

-- Erin :-)


Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken
Recipe adapted from here

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup frozen chopped onion (can use fresh)
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons flour mixed with 4 tablespoons cold water

Place all ingredients, except flour and water mixture, in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours or high for 4 hours, until chicken is tender. Add flour mixture in the last 15 to 20 minutes and cook until thickened.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this! I have chicken in the freezer, and a late night of football practice tomorrow. So - heading to the store tonight for cranberries!!! It is always a blessing to have a crockpot dinner waiting at home after a long day. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished making this and my word is it ever good. My hubby is going to love this when he gets home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts - we love it when you do!

~ Jack & Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...