Thursday, June 3, 2010

“What a Daughter Needs from Her Dad”


So I’m reading a new book, "What a Daughter Needs from Her Dad," by Michael Farris. It’s not very long. Only 175 pages...small pages. Thank you Michael for making this a small book for men. To be truthful, this is not my first attempt at this book. My wife gave it to me after Lindsey was born.

To say to you that I am reading again is risky business. I have a touch of the A.D.D. I read a bit of a book and get side tracked and forget that I was reading it. That reminds me. I’m still reading the “Love & Respect” Book by Dr. Emerson Eggerich. I started that several months ago and forgot about that too. Life seems to get in the way. To top that off I’m not the most organized person. As the saying goes, “It is what it is.”

Back to the Michael Farris Book. Lindsey is seven and she is wonderful, creative, stubborn, delightful, and someone I am proud to call my daughter. I see me in her. That being said, I also have this nagging feeling that it’s all slipping by too fast. I don’t want to get to her 18th birthday and wish I had been a different dad. That is why I have decided to give it another shot.

Right now I’m in the midst of reading about the types of fathers we should strive not be. There is the "Sugar Daddy" who gives his kids material things in place of his attention. There is the "Father Figure" who is only a father by name only. The "All-Male Dad," the "Push Over Papa," and more. Instead of these negative types of fathers, we should, as Paul states in Ephesians 6:4, "Raise our daughters in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."

Let me know if you have this book or have read it. I’m anxious for your thoughts.


Blessings,

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts - we love it when you do!

~ Jack & Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...