Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Couch Potato To 5K


Well, here goes! I've decided that I'm going to do the River Valley Run 5K this year. It's coming up on August 14th, so that gives me 6 months to get myself in motion and ready for this thing, right?

This is all foreign to me (I am sooooo not a runner), so I jumped on the great world wide web to see what resources I could find to help me out. One of the first sites to pop up - and my new favorite - is Couch Potato To 5K. There are links to training schedules for someone who has never run before, and my favorite discovery on the site are podcasts that are meant to guide you as you're doing your training. The podcasts have upbeat music and there's a person giving you cues when to start/stop jogging and when to start/stop walking. I downloaded every podcast into my iTunes this morning and already have them loaded on to my iPhone for the gym tonight.

-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts - we love it when you do!

~ Jack & Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...