Monday, October 25, 2010

Dusting For His Fingerprints

My pastor said something interesting in church yesterday that's stuck with me today. "God's fingerprints are everywhere on everything. Sometimes, you just to have to dust for them."

You know what's cool about fingerprints?

They never change.

We each are assigned a set in the womb and that's our set of prints for life. Even though everything else may change on our body, our fingerprints don't. They stay the same.

There's no else with your fingerprints but you.

Can you imagine that?

In all the history of the peoples of this world, there is no one that has ever existed or will exist with your fingerprints. No one! Isn't that just like a one of a kind God to make His creation just like Him...one of a kind?

I'm a firm believer that God is present in every circumstance that we face - happy, sad, confused, joy, sorrow.

"For I hold you by your right hand --I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, 'Don't be afraid. I am here to help you.'" Isaiah 41:13

I'm also a firm believer that God's fingerprints are all around us.
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world." Psalm 19:1-4

"For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God." Romans 1:20

God's already given us so much in plain sight. Sometimes, we have to dig a little deeper. Imagine what we miss by not dusting for His fingerprint?
"If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." Jeremiah 29:13


I love to dust for His fingerprint in His creation. Looking at it - really looking at it - forces me to stop, to think, to enjoy. I can't help but wonder why God created some of the things He did...like acorns. They're food for squirrels, sure, but what else are they good for other than making your leaf raking experience that much more difficult? Maybe He made them so that I could laugh at the acorn tops, which look like little hats to me. Stopping to look, wonder, and observe just reminds me that if God cares this much for His creation, He cares even that much more for me...and you.
"What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31


God's fingerprints are all around. Where have you been observing them lately?


~ Erin

2 comments:

  1. That is so true! In all the pains and sorrows, I see His fingerprints the most. He always sends something or somoene into my life to remind me or show me the reasoning of why He put me though a trial. I always missed the second day of a women's confreence because of church, but everyone, including the woman I went to the conference with knew I had to be there, and all that I received, regardless of the hard time I had going, I saw God's fingerprints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God makes himself evident when we need Him most!

    --Erin :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts - we love it when you do!

~ Jack & Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...